To create an Extracurricular Group from a computer:
1. Click on the '+' button on the left hand side menu - this will take you to the Group Creation page
2. From the Group Creation page, select the type of Extracurricular Group you would like to create and click 'Next'
3. This will take you to the 'Basic Info' page.
4. Enter the 'Basic Info' for your Extracurricular Group and then click 'Next'
- Enter a name for your Extracurricular Group (mandatory)
- Enter a description for your Extracurricular Group (optional)
- Add a profile picture and cover photo for your Extracurricular Group (optional)
- Select the Group Privacy of your Group
- You can select 'Private' - Private Extracurricular Groups are only accessible to the students you add to the group and are most suitable for smaller assignment and coursework groups
- Or, you can select 'Public' - Public Extracurricular Groups can be joined by anyone at the university and are most suitable for broad academic discussion
9. Enter the 'Extra Info' for your Extracurricular Group and then click 'Next'
10. Add Group Member and Administrators to your Extracurricular Group by entering the member's name (note: as the creator of the group, you are automatically a Group Administrator so you do not need to add yourself).
11. Click the 'Submit' button when you have finished filling out the Extracurricular group details.
Adding Group Members Individually
If you want to add group members to your group individually, type their names individually in the 'Add Members' box
When you enter their name they will appear in a drop-down list - simply select them from this list.